YMCA runners medal in Bowling Green, LA
Medal winners of the Twin Pike Family YMCA 19th Annual Mississippi River Run were: from left, Denise Leverett, Kathy Lovell, Marhsa Elledge, Ed Pennington, Marisa Ellison, Craig Frederich, Elissa Dolbeare, Cliff Dolbeare, Roberta Simpson-Dolbeare and Emily Dolbeare.
The Twin Pike Family YMCA recently sponsored two 5K (3.2 miles) runs.
The first was the Bowling Green Heritage Days Run, on Saturday Sept. 14. The second run was the anual Mississippi Run across the Champ Clark Bridge in Louisiana on Saturday, Oct. 5.
The overall winner of the Heritage Days run was Cody Gill, with a time of 22 minutes and 53 seconds.
Janet Akers was the overall female winner with a time of 25:57.
Medals were awarded to first through third-place winners in each age category. They were:
• Male 12 and under: first – Trenton Griffith, Bowling Green, 23:09.
• Male 18-20: first – Cody Gill, Perry, 22:53.
• Male 40-49: first – Bill Nosbush, Bowling Green, 25:07.
• Female 20-29: first – Hannah Franke, Frankford, 27:42; second – Katie Franke, Hannibal, 28:36.
• Female 30-39: first – Janet Akers, Bowling Green, 25:57; second – Tabatha Conrow, Bowling Green, 29:25.
The overall winner of the Mississippi River Run was Craig Frederich, Bowling Green, with a time of 22:05.
Frederich was the first-place winner of the men’s 20-29 age bracket. Marisa Ellison, Hannibal, was the overall female winner and the first-place winner of the women’s 40-49 age bracket with a time of 22:42.
Other medal winners in each of the age categories were:
• Male 20-29: second – Cliff Dolbeare, Jefferson City, 23:15.
• Female 20-29: first – Emily Dolbeare, Jefferson City, 25:36: second – Elissa Dolbeare, St. Louis, 28:02.
• Female 40-49: first – Denise Leverett, Louisiana, 40:02.
• Male 50-59: first-Doug Elledge, New Canton, Ill., 27:32.
• Female 50-59: first – Roberta Simpson-Dolbeare, Nebo, Ill., 28:54; second – Marsha Elledge, New Canton, Ill., 33:56; third – Kathy Lovell, Bowling Green, 39:54.
• Male one-mile walk: first – Ed Pennington, Louisiana.