December OATS schedule
OATS transportation is available to anyone regardless of age or income.
To schedule a ride, call the local contact: Bowling Green, Margaret Clark, 324-4144; Clarksville, Gracie Wyatt, 242-3827; Eolia/Paynesville, Joanne Hammuck, 847-2266; Frankford, Dorothy McCarthy, 784-2333, or Dorothy Adams, 784-2690; Louisiana, Bette Maxwell, 754-3811; Paynesville, Rose Webb, 847-2341.
• Every Tuesday morning, Bowling Geen in town;
• Every Tuesday afternoon, Louisiana, Clarksville and Paynesville to Bowling Green;
• For Thursday route to to Hannibal, call 1-800-654-6287.
To Columbia and St. Louis on the weekly express:
• First, second and fourth Wednesdays, service along Hwys. 24, 61, and 40/61 from Palmyra to Hannibal to New London to Bowling Green to Troy to St. Louis. The bus will deviate five miles off of the highways to pick up riders. If you live beyond the five miles you will meet the bus at pick-up point.
• Third and fifth Wednesdays, service along Hwys. 24, 61, and I-70 from Palmyra to Hannibal to New London to Bowling Green to Troy to St. Louis. The bus will deviate five miles off of the highways.
• Second Friday, Hwy. 54 and I-70 from Louisiana to Bowling Green to Vandalia to Mexico to Kingdom City to Columbia. The bus will deviate five miles off of the highways.
No county committee meeting will be held in December.
Anyone can ride. OATS, Inc. is not just for seniors, but for rural Missourians regardless of age or income that are in need of transportation. Individuals, organizations, groups or agencies may contract with OATS for transportation services. Special agreements may extend for as little as one hour or for one year with an option for renewal.
If an individual or group needs transportation services beyond what is scheduled in the county, OATS may be able to meet that need. For schedules or more information call 1-800-654-6287 or visit the website at www.oatstransit.org.
OATS is funded, in part, through contracts with the Missouri Elderly and Handicapped Transportation Assistance Program (MEHTAP), the Northeast Missouri Area Agency on Aging, the Missouri Department of Transportation, rider donations, and private contributions. OATS is an equal opportunity employer M/F/H/V, non-profit, tax-exempt organization.