Wednesday, Oct. 30
• Pike County Memorial Hospital is hosting a drive-by flu shot clinic from 4 until 6 p.m. at the hospital’s front canopy. The cost is $17. For more information, call 573-754-5531.
Thursday, Oct. 31
• The Twin Pike Family YMCA will be holding its Halloween at the YMCA from 5-7 p.m. The event will feature food, games and prizes. The first 200 children will receive a free t-shirt. All children must be accompanied by an adult. A free costume contest will be held at the following times: ages 0-2, 5:30 p.m.; 3-5, 5:45 p.m.; 6-8, 6 p.m.; 9-11, 6:15 p.m.; and 12-14, 6:30 p.m. No sign up is necessary.
Saturday, Nov. 2:
• The annual BONCL Chili Supper 5 to 8 p.m. Chili and vegetable soup will be available as well as sandwiches, home made deserts and drinks. A silent auction will be held along with Bingo, a cake walk, and many other games. Carry out meals will be available.
• Saturday, Nov 2 and Sunday, Nov. 3 is the 50 Miles of Art Studio Tours in three historic river towns: Hannibal, Louisiana and Clarksville along Hwy. 79.
Monday, Nov. 4
• Pike County Tourism Commission will meed at 1:30 p.m. at the Pike County Genealogy Office.
Thursday, Nov. 7
Republicans of Pike County will meet at the Faith Baptist Church in Louisiana. The meeting will begin with a carry-in supper at 6:30
p.m. followed by a business meeting. The nominating committee report will due and an election of officers will be held.
Saturday, Nov. 9:
• The Louisiana Alumni and Friends Association planning committee will meet at 9:30 a.m. The meeting is in the Fellowship Hall of the First Christian Church in Louisiana. There will be a review of the all-school reunion events held recently and discussion about upcoming activities planned.
Monday, Nov. 11:
• The Ecumenical Women’s Breakfast group will meet at the First Presbyterian Church, 121 South 8th St. in Louisiana. Lori Helkey, Program Director for the “Reach and Rise” mentoring program at the YMCA, will present the program. Co-hostesses for the breakfast will be the ladies of Elmwood Presbyterian Church and Calvary Episcopal Church. A donation of $5 for the breakfast goes to local missions.
• The Clarksville Planning and Zoning Commission will meet at the City Community Room at 6:30 p.m.
• Louisiana Middle School will host a Veteran’s Day assembly beginning at 8:15 a.m. A brunch will follow the assembly. All veterans are invited.
Thursday, Nov. 14
• The Louisiana Area Historical Museum is hosting its annual fall banquet at the Seton Center, located at 510 North Third Street in Louisiana. Tickets are available by calling 754-4443 or 754-6495.
• The Louisiana Area Historical Museum’s annual banquet will be held at 6 p.m. at the Seton Center in Louisiana. Program by W.T. Johnson of Palmyra. Meal served by Bethel A.M.E. Church. Tickets available from Board members or at the Louisiana Public Library 121 North Third or the Museum at 304 Georgia Street.
Saturday, Nov. 16
• The Quincy Symphony Orchestra presents “Beyond the Score,” Sheherazade at 3 p.m. in the Morrison Theater of the Quincy Jr High School.
• The Holiday Tea at the Village of the Blue Rose from 2 until 4 p.m. Call for reservations at 573-242-3539.
Thursday, Nov. 21
•The Clarksville Garden Club will have their November meeting from 1 until 3 p.m. at Anne Crane’s home located at 32219 Rd. 215 Stone Bridge Rd. The meeting will include the installation of 2014 officers. Anne Crane, hostess, and Pat Feilner, co-hostess. For more information you can call Linda Jo Harmon at 573-242-3788 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monday, Nov. 25
• The Clarksville Community Chamber of Commerce will meet at the Visitor Center at 6:30 p.m.